Sunday, November 17, 2013

Three new pieces revolving around my glass works series.

Each one of these paintings is done on found windows and glass cabinetry. The windows were donated to me from a friend (Shannon Mendoza). The first piece titled: Desolation/ Isolation is based on my personal concept of transcendental meditation. I was trying to picture a place, somewhere, where I felt I was all alone entering a sanctuary within. I then wanted this to be something that could be shared amongst the viewer that I can not let into my mind, but through this window you can peak inside or out. Which ever way you may want to interpret your moment.  In order to achieve the reflections and depth on glass.  I then have to paint on both sides. This will create depths and illusions. 

For this piece I had found 2 separate glass cabinet doors in an alley near my home after work. The glass on both of these cabinets are colored. This is the first time I've ever tried my technique on opaque glass. This one was a milky white. This piece titled: Internal Landscape (arborescence) is based off of photographs and images I had seen of the internal structure of the knee. This is an interest to me since I just had to have my right knee worked on this past Nov. 14th. More  to come.......

Title:Duality of Solitude
This is another piece based off of one of the donated windows. The concept for what came about here is based off of certain views on society. On one hand there are people in the world whom thrive off of being alone and then there are others whom crave the adoration of people. Over stimulation, bipolarity, At one, in tune. This work is a multi media piece. This is a combination of acrylic paints, spray paint, cotton balls and phonebook pages.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment