Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Experimental piece..

So this is my latest piece. It was created due to a dream that I had. I won't get into the dream, but the piece was just an experiment. It is done in a different style from what I usually work in. I still kept some of my basic techniques but tweaked them slightly to achieve the tones and colors the way I had seen them in my dream. I haven't titled it as of yet. It was achieved through Spray Paint and Acrylic Paints. The splatters were made through diluting the acrylic paint and then dipping my fingers in and flicking them at the canvas. Throughout though I try to keep some control and order the paints. This can also be seen through the layering of the colors. The metallic gold color is of course created with spray paint. In order to do that I used cardboard to create the straight lines. I used a gold and a flat purple. That was my way of creating the shadows for the gateway. Other than that I used an extremely fine brush in order to outline and highlight certain cuts and grooves.

No comments:

Post a Comment