Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This is a series of pastels I have worked on over the past 10 years or so revolving around orchids and lilies and daisies. I sadly did not place them in proper chronological order. As I began working with pastels and studying the different types of flowers for them my imagination began to run wild. I began to see different images hidden within the flowers. Some are more visible than others. You could see images of a phallic nature to a vaginal to faces and in some cases I was able to create an entire imaginary scene from one flower (the first picture on the list). For that image everything from the petals to the leaves create one stirring image for a for ground and also created the background which I camouflaged as horizon. I have taken a break from this series recently to follow through with some other endeavors that I wish to try and achieve in my work, but this type of work is always calling me back. There will be more to come most definitely.
















No comments:

Post a Comment