Thursday, February 6, 2014

My newest series is underway. Study of glass and plexiglass.

For this series which I began within this past week is a reflective series dealing with the study between working on glass along with plexiglass. New verses old. I have been painting on windows for a few years now and have always run into the problem of making sure that the paint will permanently be able to adhere to its surface. Now with my switch over to plexiglass it is apparent that the properties are much stronger for what I have been trying to achieve. So in finishing statement this series is a reflection of the past 3years of my life learning to manipulate my materials in order to obtain the outcome I am trying to make durable for the longevity of the piece. There will be a combination of both glass and plexiglass pieces incorporated together to show the differences in technique and to move between the lines of past present and future once this series is completed within the next few weeks.
vintage window

vintage window

vintage window

plexiglass

No comments:

Post a Comment