Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Donations I've recently done.


So It's been a pretty productive couple of weeks. First of course there was Summer Camp Music Fest where I was lucky enough to get to pain side stage to Hot Buttered Rum (great bluegrass band). The piece I did for them is on a piece of press board which was actually a direction sign or something of that nature. There was a little girl who came up to me and was excited that I was over there painting. She came over to me to watch. I showed her what I was doing and then asked if she wanted to help. So of course she was head over heals in wanting to join in. I asked her to hold out her hand where I proceeded to put a few types of paint across her palm. I then told her to put her hand prints in different locations on the board. From there I can admit I was a little bit confused. I stared at it for a few minutes realizing that I had completely changed my idea. I then decided to create a sun and moon stencil and spray paint them on in order it to create a certain soft tone for shadow. From there I just filled in the image until the band was done. Good times. It was interesting and fun to create all on a whim in front of a crowd of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment